99 Pan Am Championship

Greetings,

Thought everyone would enjoy hearing the latest updates on this summer's
upcoming Pan Am Endurance Championships in conjunction with the Pan Am
Games.

Firstly, probably the most exciting news is that it is very likely that
there will be double the usual number of entries.  In other words each
region will be allowed 12 entries instead of 6 consisting of 2 teams of 4
and 4 individual riders.  This has been approved by AHSA and CEF (Canadian
Equestrian Federation). This will make this the largest Pan Am and North
American Championship ever.

Being held in conjunction with the Pan Am Games is going to help bring some
media attention to our sports. It will also mean that competitors at the
endurance championship can take in some of the Pan Am events in Winnipeg. I
am planning on attending the AERC convention in Reno this month and I will
bring information on the Pan Am events.

We have planned a raffle in support of the PAC. Al Marah Arabians of
Tuscon, Az have graciously donated a 1998 purebred colt for the raffle. The
colt is sired by SCA Csea Dream+ and his dam is HH Maid Marian. The colt
has AM Sea Captain++, Dreamazon and Rissalix blood. The second prize is
another 1998 purebred colt donated by Hedgeville Arabians of Nesbitt,
Manitoba. The third prize is a portable corral donated by Sam and Patti
Crawford of Kansas.  There are other endurance related items in the draw.
 Tickets are $10US and are available by contacting George Dorward on email
at George.Dorward@mts.mb.ca.  The tickets will be available at the
convention.

We have organized other sponsorship programs if you want to help. Manitoba
is a very sparsely populated area and we really want to do a good job of
hosting this championship to showcase our sport to the World.  So we really
need the help of the endurance community as a whole. Come by and see us at
the convention to see how you could help out.  We will have some T-shirts
available for sale as well. I will be bringing pictures of the trail, trail
description, hotel information and any other information requested.

If anyone wants further info please contact me. Looking forward to seeing
everyone at the convention.

Myna Cryderman
President of the Organizing  Committee