to pare or not to pare

both my vet and farrier agree that paring should be minimal, if you have a balanced (key word here) hoof, the
dangers of disease are also minimal. i live in the pacific nw with more mud and moisture then you can imagine.
have never had a problem with thrush, soreness, abcess, etc. my horses have beautiful healthy hooves and the
white lines are always white and clean.