Re: Paring down the sole and frog

eyler@mindspring.com writes:

<< One other point I forgot to mention -- the current farrier is also paring
 out more deeply the grooves on either side of the frog (stupid, can't
 remember what they're called).  Are there pro's and con't to this practice?

Again, I would sure do this if there was a disease problem such as thrush, but
not to a healthy foot.  By all means clean the sulci (singular sulcus--that's
the "proper" word you were looking for) thoroughly, but I would treat them
just like any other structure on the bottom of the foot, and leave as much
healthy protection as possible.

Heidi