Oooooooops

Howard, I have read your posts and laughed at and with you. I hope you are able to extricate your foot which is this time deeply imbedded in your mouth. I always wonder not that people hold really racist or narrow minded
views (that's unfortunately a fact of life in our sadly unenlightened culture) but that seemingly reasonably intelligent persons would express these views to people they cannot be sure hold their views and even worse
might be certain to censure them and probably think less of them for having expressed those views. Well, ride camp is, like most eclectic collections of people merely a reflection of the larger society. Comments like yours gives us all a chance to reflect and see the world as it really is and not as we would ideally want to believe it is especially since we all share the love of our most wonderful of creatures, the horse. I do think that it's important to publicly let people who make such remarks know that it certainly is NOT acceptable nor tolerable behavior. As someone of African American heritage, I have had to live with such comments and a whole lot worse. It rolls off my back and doesn't cause me to even pause. I know that it is just a reflection of a limited exposure to good people. Being of good will, I am hopeful  that you will take  a sincere look at what you remarked and the deeper implications and hopefully it will be an embarrassing but positive chance for you to re-examine how you view all people.
Pat in Ashland, Oregon