Response to all/From Rides2far (Angie)

Angie McGhee Rides2far@juno.com
O.K. folks, ya'll are going to have to stop assuming I'm lurking. I only took time to look in today because of a couple of personal e-mails I got referring to what was on here.  FEEL FREE to send any comments to me at Rides2far@juno.com.  I may re-subscribe in a week or so, but I'm sooo busy right now.

Now, in reference to posts today:

Howard, I have no intention of attempting to hurt you in the future.  I have no doubt that you will do yourself in by shooting yourself in the foot and bleeding to death. >g<

By the way, thought I really couldn't care less about football, I must correct your statement that my "house is in Georgia and my barn's in Tennessee"...thus your Gators had beat both "my" teams.  Actually, I was raised in Tennessee, moved 5 miles South and ended up in Georgia...HOWEVER, I'm also about 15 miles from the Alabama line and both parents and all ancestors were from Alabama.  I was raised to take off my hat at the mention of Bear Bryant's name.  If I was ever anything, I was a Bama fan...so you, as a Gator fan will probably choose to drop that  subject considering this year's game between the two.  I think I told you the only Florida team I was worried about was Cindy Bell and Wameco...and according to her, looks like I caught her. >g<

Now, about the Trailblazer posts.  I always cringe when these start up.  I write for them, and send in the stories each month, but have nothing else to do with management.  I will say that the newest editor (and there've been several) has been the most accessable I've had.  I forwarded the first post I saw on to her, but now I see there are several.  Thank you Mike Maul for combining a list.  For those who've genuinely had your subscriptions messed up, I feel like this is the absolute top priority for TB to make right.  It doesn't matter how good the magazine is (and I've never had *anyone* say the content was any less than excellent) this is the fly in everyone's ointment.  I will forward these posts on and ask only one thing, if you had a problem and posted it, and it gets FIXED, please post and let everyone know you got some service.  Maggie, any magazine takes awhile to get started, and this one is a bi-monthly magazine so I don't think you should figure you've got a problem...yet.

I've not abandoned Ridecamp, but I do need to wait a little while before re-subscribing.  In case I haven't told everyone, I'm teaching high school Art full time.  I had the bright idea to let 100 students make *real* wreaths, and I am busy clearcutting the woods behind my house with a bow saw to provide enough pine trees for them all...really!  It's actually pretty comical.  The janitor broke his vacuuam on my room and I told him not to come back.  I've hauled in 4 truckloads of pines and am headed out to load up another.  They're scattered all over my room.  I also showed them how to make little cornshuck looking dolls out of hay rope (anybody want me to post directions?).  Lots of inner city kids had never seen hay rope, they sniffed it, made a face and said, "What's hay?" At the first of the year all the hard cases acted like they didn't want to participate much, but they've figured out that I hand out lots of dangerous stuff like pruners, saws, and tin snips and they're enjoying knowing that if I get caught using a skill saw in class I'd probably get in trouble so we're all having a great time with the conspiracy.

Back to the horses:  I've been riding ponies bareback like I said, and Kaboot's trotting round the field on rocks looking like a million bucks.  Makes ya want to slap'em!  By the way, measured my Welsh cross and he's 13.3 1/4.  My tackroom is magnificent...and with my new job I got a TRUCK!!!!

MY TRUCK (the first vehicle I have ever actually bought) is a GORGEOUS 94 GMC Z71 4x4 2500 (3/4 ton) extended cab and as the students say, "It's SWEET!" Almost didn't buy it because it was too fancy.  It's got big aluminum wheels and the flowmaster tail pipe (sounds tough).  It's actually a teenager's dream.  Bill can't check the gas mileage yet because as Josie says, "Mama keeps liking to hear the engine".  O.K. I'm a southern girl, I LIKE to hear the engine. >g<   So, I'm here.  All's well, be back in a week or so...but if you want to make sure I see a comment, PLEASE cc it to my Rides2far@juno.com address. O.K.?

Angie

Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-