re: Abetta Saddle (not quite)

T'Lara and David,
I have had some experience with ill fitting saddles. Most average
saddles are OK for most average riders. However, those of us who put
miles on our horses neet for both our horses and ourselves to be
comfortable. I tried for several years, and several saddles before I
purchased my firts custom made saddle from Marilyn Horstmeyer. I now own
two of her saddles. Both of my mares have very differently shaped backs.
We have been more comfortable, the horses move so much more freely and
cheerfully down the trails. It has been well worth the extra expense to
invest in custom fitting saddles. Also Marilyn's saddles are very
comfortable for the riders as well. She has lots of endurance experience
to bring to her saddle making business.
I am sure that there are other very qualified saddle makers out there.My
experience has been with Marilyn. She does a good job, and will back up
her work. At the Carolina Ride this past weekend, she re-checked the
saddle fit for one of my horses, and was very cheerful about it.
In the long run, a custom saddle is not so expensive, especially if
someone keeps trying "cheaper" models, and has to try several that don't
work. Getting a customn saddle sooner may end up being cheaper in the
long term.
Sincerely,
Lucie Hancock, who learned about custome saddles the hard way,
and Star and Bukkura, two mares with comfortable backs.

Also I would like to invite everyone to try the trails at the Hallelujah
Ride this February. We promise well marked trails and good Southern
Hospitality.