Re: RC: Some distance riding trivia

Hi Don

I don't know that he'd have to be going at a gallup the whole 225
miles.  Like I said earlier, 4 of our riders made it over 200 miles in
24 hours on just 4 horses and the trail, although more or less flat,
certainly wasn't easy.  It was 12 miles of muddy, windy trail through
the bush with bad weather added in.  They didn't stop much, but did grab
food, etc. between loops.  There wasn't one horse who looked 'used up'
or 'lathered' from any of the riders.  When you think that there are
many 100 miles rides being ridden by top riders in under 12 hours on ONE
horse, it makes sense that you can go 200 miles in 24 with multiple
horses.  Like I said before, it's the rider who has to endure (and the
crews) in this type of ride.

Take care
elaine
begin:vcard
n:Delbeke;Elaine and Wayne
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Lazy ED Canabians (Canadian Arab Crosses)
adr:;;#2 - 51028 RR 261;Spruce Grove;Alberta ;T7Y 1B9;Canada
version:2.1
email;internet:delbekew@sprynet.com
title:Elaine and Wayne Delbeke
end:vcard