Rules?/ Things I know

Angie McGhee Rides2far@juno.com
Hi John and Nina.  I figured out how to lurk and took a peek at Ridecamp.  Come on, if you're gonna post this stuff...lets keep on topic! >eg<  I was going to respond to John's post, but ended up going off on a tangent.

Angie

Things I know

I don't KNOW what time I'll get back from riding.  Quit asking.

You don't WANT to know what my saddle cost.  Quit asking.

I don't know what's for supper.  Give me a hint.

I don't know where your boots are.  I didn't wear them....no wait maybe I did.

I know these tights aren't flattering.  That's not the objective.

I know where "that trail ends up", "what's on the other side of that mountain", and "where does that creek end up?".  I don't know why I spend all my time finding out these things.

I know how to open a can without a can opener.

I know how to build a fire.

I know how to back a trailer.

I don't know my mother's recipe for dressing.

I know how to change a tire.

I know how to fix *anything* with duct tape, a leatherman tool and a strip of rawhide.

I don't know how to fix my hair.

I know how to stack hay on a truck or trailer.

I know how to make water drain from around a barn.

I don't know how to hand wash fine fabrics.

I know how to catch a horse that doesn't want caught.

I don't know how to sit through a boring lecture without fidgeting.

I know how to judge a horse.

I don't know how to judge a good cut of meat.

I don't know my way around the mall.

I do know how to drive in mud.

I know how to split wood run a skill saw and drive a nail.  Don't ask me to look at fabric swatches.

I know better than to wear rings. They'll get your finger cut off.

I know to dress in layers when working out of doors.

I don't know why women are forced to have bridal and baby showers.

I know how to set up a tent.

I don't know how to wash a sweater.

I know that if I didn't do endurance, I wouldn't have a peer group.  An endurance ride is the only place I've ever felt like I was the norm.

Angie

Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-