Texas A&M tragedy

Hello everyone,
  I'm sure most of the country has heard the news
about the 11 students killed and 28 injured (4 of
which are in critical condition) at the collapse of
Bonfire very early Wednesday morning.  I'd just like
to share an Aggie's perspective of the whole thing.
  The whole community of Bryan/College Station is
devastated.  The site has been cleared, all of the
bodies have been recovered.  We sat glued to our
t.v.'s all day long hoping that they would find
someone alive or at least find no one at all.  They
finished at 2:05 a.m. this morning, almost exactly 24
hours after bonfire collapsed.
  For those of you who have never experienced bonfire,
it's a huge conflagration.  It's a time right before
Thanksgiving when we get together and congratulate our
graduating seniors, celebrate the near end of the
football season, and dread the approach of final
exams.  Over 50,000 people attend bonfire each year,
current and former students, their families, and even
some members of the rival schools.  It is one of the
many reasons why people fall in love with Texas A&M.
  What I ask of you is to keep all of the injured in
your thoughts today.  Keep all of the families and the
friends of those who were killed in your thoughts
today.  Realize that life happens and something just
as devastating could happen in your life at any time.
Hug your family members.  Call a friend and tell them
your thinking about them.  Find your local Red Cross
and donate blood in the memory of the Aggies that have
lost their lives.  Blood stores are at an all time low
and the holiday season is approaching (historically a
time when large amounts of blood are needed).  Be
aware of the feelings and emotions of others.  Don't
be rude on the highway.  Life is too short to waste it
on short bursts of anger that only hurts yourself.  Be
safe this holiday season and don't forget to celebrate
life.
  Thank you for your time,

Karri Wilson
Class of '97 and '01

=====
Rome did not create a great empire by having meetings, they did it
by killing all those who opposed them.

http://members.tripod.com/shahn_2
http://people.tamu.edu/~krw3506