Those new fang-dangled halter/bridles with no hardware

Horse4play horsinaround@sprint.ca
I'm sure by now everyone has either seen or probably even owns one of those halter/bridle combinations that are made out of 100 percent rope with knots here and there to hold it together and in place on your horse.

WARNING:  I don't care how quiet your horse is, there is ALWAYS a potential for your horse to spook.  I used mine yesterday, luckily in an indoor arena and not out on the trail.  Yes, it was tight, and yes, I did have one piece over the brow and the other behind the ear, thus, it fit as best it could.

We were going around quite nicely when a pidgen flew into the barn!  Cinder spooked and bolted forward, when I tried to pull her back, I don't know exactly what happened, but this stupid thing rolled right up, over her eyes, which really freaked her out, and then proceeded to come right back and over her ears!  so, now I have a bridle and reins around my horses neck and she has nothing on her head!  Oh Yea!  Nothing like a good canter around the arena out of control to burn off those calories!  Luckily, the owner of the barn was there and was able to come in and stop her.  But, what if it had been a younger horse, as they are recommending these things are good for?  This could have really been dangerous if the horse I was riding began to buck, etc., once it realized I didn't have any control.  Luckily, if you want to call it that, Cinder is 19 and took the whole thing pretty good, considering.  So, moral of the story is, make sure you are REALLY confident in your horse before using this thing exculively.  It's funny to think of it now, but I wasn't laughing then!  Lorrie

Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-