Re: RC: Re: Don't Ever Threaten a Vet not even in a Kidding Way

In a message dated 11/11/99 10:29:33 AM Eastern Standard Time,
reshan@deyr.ultranet.com writes:

<<  I don't think anyone should ever, ever kid about shooting the
 >> vet.....NOT funny.  No one would walk into a bank and say give me all
 >> you money as a joke or say anything outrageous or threatening on an
 airplane not even in a kidding way.
 >> Betty DeMar Mueller

    Speaking as a DVM who has received a death threat from a disturbed
 individual, I thank you. It is  no laughing matter. (And I know a number of
 colleagues who have been through it as well.)
            --CMNewell, DVM >>

Oh, come on.  Do I have to write a disclaimer for everything I put down
here????

Please, I ain't that crazy or dangerous.  I just have a big mouth and
sometimes use it, even to vets, if I think they may be wrong about my gaited
horse.

Anyone that has met me knows right away I'm not someone to fear physically.
Heck, I just had a bunch of women at my last ride attempt to take that
hog-tie thing I wrote in my last story and make it happen for real.   I'm not
a big guy and I don't even own a gun.  GEEEEZZZZZZZZ.

Like I said before, when I get in line for the vetcheck, I put a gag on now.
I also carry a notepad and pen to answer questions, if asked.  Otherwise, I
just shut the heck up.  And btw, the vets at Hahira were super, just totally
fantastic.  I think there was only one or two pulls out of 170 riders.
Liberty 2 was a completely different story and it's the only ride I've been
to where I've seen anything questionable reference pulls.  Give me a break.

OK, here's my disclaimer::::::HOWARD EXAGGERATES.  SOMETIMES HE EMBELLISHES
THE TRUTH TO TRY AND MAKE IT SOUND MORE INTERESTING.  ANYTHING HE WRITES,
PAST, PRESENT, AND MOST LIKELY IN THE FUTURE IS TO BE CONSIDERED TOTAL
FICTION.  YOU MAY USE THE TERM "BULLS*** IF YOU WANT, I PREFER HORSES***"

cya,
Howard