Point Reyes National Seashore: General Management Plan update

Fellow riders, many of you have ridden horseback  in Marin County's Point
Reyes National Seashore.   The 1980 General Management Plan is going to
be revised and brought up to date.  Please,  please read below about the
future of Pt Reyes National Seashore.  Then, will  you write a letter
rging preservation of the existing horse trails and horse camps and
urging that a few more horse camps be built, both north of and south of
the Stewart Horse Camp?    We really need positive  input!    BTW, the
article below was sent out from the National Parks and Conservation
Association.   In the Jan./Feb. 99 issue of its magazine, the NPCA
printed some wholly false and inflammatory propaganda about the three
stables on federal lands (GGNRA) in Marin that we are fighting to keep,
and refused to print any of the many rebuttals we sent it.   The NPCA is
NOT a friend of horsemen; please keep that in mind.  I will keep you
informed of any more news from this source.     Thank you,   Connie
Berto, AERC Trails Chair