Saddle! :)

Howdy RC'ers!!
Hope everyone is well! Thunder and I have been riding
atleast once a week. Last Friday our Favorite Vet came
out and we got all the vaccines dones, along with the
teeth floating and check ups, woohoo, that was fun!

Oh, guess what! Quite by accident, Dad was coming home
from Portland a little while back and happened to stop
by a good saddle store. He came home with a well used
Courbette dressage saddle for me to try out. At first
it scarred me considering I didn't want to commint
suicide on Thunder. Well, we tried it on Sam, it was
really really comfortable, fit me like a glove.

So, next day, I put on my handy dandy, oh how beloved
helmet, and knee pads, elbow pads, shin gaurds, wrist
splints, and football gear. By the time I was done, we
were ready to tack up! Just kidding! we only went with
the beloved helmet! but I flet like extra padding! :)

Well, the adventure condtinued, putting on the saddle,
he just stood there like a gentleman, which he usually
isn't. Do you think it was that English manner
influencing him coming from the saddle? Hmm, who
knows!
Well, anyway, I slowly eased myself into the saddle
and we stood there for about 2 minutes before moving
anywhere. Okay, so far, so good.

Next, leg pressure comes in, and one two three four
one two three four, we get the nice rythem of the walk
going. No bucking yet *wide grin*, and also, no head
tossing. we start up the road, by ourselves none the
less, and do great! I decided to pick up the trot, and
he absolutley loved it! We've been riding in the
saddle for about 2 weeks and he's doing awsome. Last
Sunday we, kinda by accindent, jumped two logs and a
good canter and he didn't even flinch. just sailed
over. :)

Okay, this is long enough, i'll post again later. but
just to let ya know, we found this saddle by
accindent, just trying it out, i loved it and i didn't
end up paying too much for it either. only $300.
Note: pay for your own tack, then its really YOURS!!
what a wonderful feeling! :) proud horse and tack
owner here!

Kelsey and Thunder

=====
Happy Trails all, and remember, "..to finish is to win."