Runaways.. Best way to Double tie?

Ok ridecampers...

What is some of the best ways to tie your horses. Types of ropes, types of knots, where to tie, and how much rope {length}. What do you mean by double tying, using two ropes on the halter or one on the halter and one on the neck? Just thought I'd show my ignorance <grin>
Thanks ahead of time for your replies!!

Debi {Louisiana}
Knevermore { aaww mom!! not more rope practice...}