saddle pads

dovie Pickering dovie@aci.net
Hi I need help in picking out a saddle pad.  I just did a hard 50 and I think the saddle pad put a "rug burn" on my horse's back Its one of those "endurance pads"  that State Line tack sells. I took a look around to see what other people use and none of them used this kind of pad?  It is hard to ask advice at rides as everyone is usually busy and wanting to get down the trail.  My saddle slips around alot.  Should my girth be tighter or will the right saddle pad keep the saddle in place. I have only did two 50's and the last one was a killer.  It was the Lake Oroville ride and what a surprise.  Did anyone else find this ride hard?  And if you rated this ride compared to the Washoe Ride or the Tahoe Rim how would they compare? Thanks Dovie

Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-