Re: Awards & recognition

Jonni in So. Calif. wrote:

special for those juniors! (and cool awards for the others also) I do appreciate hearing about, and cheering on those first time riders. (and watching them make the walk up to receive their award can be entertainment in itself<grin>) We were all first time riders once, and it is a special feeling. So just so much as a small announcement at the banquet can make someone feel so welcome to the sport.

Well, said Jonni. I know we had lots of fun at the Armadillo awards meetings. If we knew something special about the rider/horse, we announced it. And we try to encourage people to speak up if they know something that we don't announce.
Of course, having all the riders who rode in costume get up and tell which costume they were riding in helped keep us all in a laughing mood. One of the winning costume awards went to Jennifer McGraw who announced that she rode as a cold, wet endurance rider.  :-(     (After drought conditions for several months, it chose to rain as the cold front blew through Saturday!)
We had 103 riders in the 25/50/100.

Linda Parrish
Kennard, Texas