St young horses/rambling conversation

>Of course, the >downed >tree with plastic stuff all over it which I >was
sure he WOULD do, he >got a >refusal on (rats!).  When he >did go over
that sucker though, he jumped >so >high that my ears >popped.

I had a fun little "new experience" at the Witchdance 55 last week...
POLE VAULTING!  Kaboot was cantering down the trail in the lead and his
forfoot hit a tree limb that was about 2" diameter and at least 4' long.
Somehow the far end dug in and the rear of it flipped up and caught him
in the belly.  Rather than get gutted, he LEAPED!! the thing and it
flipped over as we went over.  My niece was behind me and saw the whole
thing and gave out a huge WHOOP!  Then everybody else wanted to know what
they'd missed.  From where I was sitting it wasn't that much different
than the spooks he had fun throwing all day.  It was windy and he was
having a good time.

While I'm discussing strange things, I saw something else new in
Mississippi.  We were going thru the woods and there was a trashy
clearing where someone had left all their junk after camping.  I'm used
to seeing beer cans at a place like this, but when we got there it was
bottled water bottles.... Avian or whatever.  As a true woodswoman who
can "read sign" I just couldn't figure it out.  How often does a bottled
water drinker go out and have a wild night camping and trash the
campsite?  We finally decided that a bear must have eaten some preps
before they could bag their trash. :-)

Now, in the interest of changing the subject form LD, I'll just throw out
one more diversion.  My husband, after cluttering up my pole barn with
scavenged lumber for 5 years, went on a tear and built most of a 7'x20'
tack/feedroom this weekend!!! THEN he came in and made a peach cobbler,
put on Christmas music, and is playing a board game with the 9 year old,
!!!!  EAT YOUR HEARTS OUT GIRLS!!

I can't believe how much we got done in about 9 hours.  It makes me
wonder just how much we could accomplish if I didn't go riding ever
weekend....I don't want to think about that though.  Every Fall I dread
the time change and the short days, but I've got to admit, I sort of
re-discover my family every time it changes.  I can't believe how long
and leisurely the evenings are when it gets dark and sends us inside
early.

Angie (P.S. I helped...and cooked him a good supper )