Part DONE

Nina Vasiliev rides4fun
Hello,

Being the mother of kids who have competed in many events, we have learned together, that in competition, one may do everything "right" and still earn low points. That's just competition.

One can be soooo prepared, work hard and long.  Study the rules, perform well.  Yet, something may happen to pull them out of the contenders.  Sometimes it's poor judging, sometimes it's some sort of accident.  A team member forgot something at home... whatever. But the joy is working hard at something we love, working towards a goal we set. And being gracious even when disappointed is just a part of working with other people. That doesn't mean we've never protested a decision, but we try to be prepared that anything can happen, and that's just the name of the game.

Unfortunately disappointment, justified or not, is a part of competition.

Sometimes, I think the hardest part for me is to watch someone be unfair to my kids.  I know how hard they've worked, how important this event has been to them, how they've prepared for weeks, months...That other person just doesn't know how proud of the kids we all should be.

Yep, that's the hardest part for me.

Nina Vasiliev
N CA
(If only my kids would WANT to compete in a ride...Maybe my husband would...)

Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-