Questions

Howdy All!!
Well, I have some questions for ya, but they're
probably going to be sounding really stupid. After
reading them, everyone will be thinking, "what is this
girl on??!!" Well, the answer is, I've read as much as
I can get my hand on, on endurance, anything and
everything about it.
What ya'll go through, the training, the commitment,
the weather, its very interesting, and, I can't
explain it.... I just... want to be part of it.
Right now I'm working with Thunder, because he is the
horse we have, and if I don't work him, no one else
will. I'm just trying him, and learning too. If he's
not the horse, then so be it. I'm keeping my eyes open
for others, and being very open minded for any advice
or impute from others who may have gone through the
same thing.
Okay, here go the questions:
What EXACTLY, is the 2 point position? I've heard it
referred to tons of times, and seen lots of pictures,
but can you explain it a bit more in detail. When
riding Thunder, on an extended trot, I always stand
with my weight slightly forward, balancing on the
heels/balls of my feet, both if you get what i'm
saying. Just on his point of balance to make it easy
traveling up hill, etc.
What style/kinds of headstalls does everyone use? I
know this is a personal preference, but impute is
good! for me anyway. I use the western style, but am
trying to decide if going to a halter/bridle mix would
be better. I always take the leadrope on rides.
What do you feed in the winter? Sam and Thunder are
always out on pasture during day, stalled at night,
and fed their usual hay, and grain, with
biotin/vitamins.

Well, thats about it for now. Just a note. My best
friend, her mom, and I went for a ride again on
Sunday. It was gorgeous weather, but the packed gravel
roads were really slick. Thunder is doing quite a bit
better on his head tossing, still riding with the
Santa Fe, seems to be working really well. I got the
name of a good saddle maker, will be contacting them.
Thanks in advance,
Kelsey (very very ingorant young newbie)
and Thunder (i'm still learning too!!) DUH!!

=====
Happy Trails all, and remember, "..to finish is to win."