From: Kerry Dykes [mailto:KDykes@cpes.com]
Sent: Monday, October 25, 1999 1:17 PM
To: 'Flemmer, Linda'
Subject: RE: High headed? "Collection" at "extension"???

Thank you!  I was asking the question poorly.  Yes, your term,"road trot" is the one I probably have the most fun at, Spirit does have the slight side to side head motion from that powerful reaching of his shoulders and the gait is very smooth.  I try to do the same thing - sit balanced and just stay outta his way!  I rode him for nearly a year, gasping at the "pace" of his extended trot, before I even discovered the third gear - awsome!  He has a tendency towards a hollow back at the working trot based on the feel of the ride, but when we're in high gear I can feel him round under me.  Now I feel better!

[Kerry Dykes]