center fire rigging ?

Hi everyone!

Ridecamp sure has been quiet today... where are you guys?

I have a new (to me) American Professional Endurance saddle.  It seems to fit my horse, Saffy, quite well but I am concerned about the rigging.

It has centre-fire rigging (sorry, I'm Canadian, eh?) and so did my other saddle, but this new saddle puts the girth even farther back than the old saddle.  The problem I see with centre fire is that the girth wants to move forward to the 'groove', and this pulls the saddle forward a bit, which interferes with the shoulders, which is why I had to get a new saddle in the first place (old saddle too tight on shoulders and withers).

Do you think I should get my saddle repair guy to adjust the rigging to 3/4 or 7/8, but keep the 'Y' shape, just change the angle?  Do you know what I mean?

I can't just keep the girth looser because my horse has a broad back and wide withers and saddles tend to want to roll right off her.  I am already using a crupper and breastcollar (we ride on mountains all the time)

Any suggestions?  Anyone else have the problem?  How did you rectify the situation?

Thanks in advance,

Sarah & Saffy
The "S" Team