RP Saddle at Caspers (PS)

I have the endurance model of the ReactorPanel saddle on demo, and
will have it at the Caspers Park ride this weekend, if anybody else
is interested.  To see what they look like and what the hype is, go
to http://www.eqwi.com/reactorpanel.

We've done 5 hours in the saddle so far,  and I think the Great
Saddle Hunt is over, at last.  Such a trip to boogie uphill and watch
the panels flex, allowing full rotation of the shoulders.  Ember, not
easily satisfied, seems to love it despite its current outfitting
with cotton numnahs instead of the wool she prefers.  The ability to
tweak the fit easily and quickly is very seductive for someone who
wants everything to be *perfect*, something that wasn't possible with
my Ortho-flex.  The main selling point of these English saddles is
that computerized saddle fit/pressure testing showed no more than 1.5
psi at any point, spread out because of the characteristics of the
extended, flexing panels.

I like the endurance model because it takes no effort to sit
"correctly" aligned, it has tapered thigh blocks (which I adored in
my OF cutback), and it has a really recessed set of stirrup bars, for
no bulk under the leg (though I'm using Wintec webbers which prevent
that anyway).  The rigging makes a lot of sense also, unlike most
English saddles which end up with a major pressure point at the
stirrup bars.  That was the problem with my Passier, now for sale.
<g>  The RP I'll order will have a smaller seat, and wool pads.
Short-coupled horses can even get shorter length panels, though
Ember's chief saddle fitting difficulty is her big swing from behind;
these standard ones seem to be ok.  She needs no breast collar, I got
off twice to check during a challenging conditioning ride in the
canyons, and the saddle stays put.

Time to sell everything!  Well, almost everything.  I'm keeping the
Sports Saddle.  Sold the OF.  Anybody want to buy a breeding to
Remington Steele?  I got a breeding as part of Ember's purchase 6
years ago, no need for it with two Rem kids "in da house".

See y'all at Caspers,
Lynne
Ontario, CA
Norco Riverdance Ride (PS) 9/2/00