LD mileage rules

Help Ridecampers:

I have reviewed my AERC Rules Books which are all rather out of date.  I
am having a massive attack of guilt over the fact that I have not paid
adequate attention to the standings of the junior rider I sponsor.

I should have known that Morgan was doing well during the spring and
summer because he was clearly outriding most of the adults in
LD--particularly me.  BUT we got sidetracked with cows, horse shows and
other interesting things and just didn't quite get to those late summer
rides (although none in our area are LD's so I tell myself we would
still have this problem).  When we opened Endurance News this months,
Morgan is in second place in the junior national mileage standings--by
ten miles. Now I'm sure when all the later rides are added in, he will
drop in the standings but I sure felt like a bad sponsor when I heard
this just turned 12 year old tell Baby Tzar, "and we are being beat by a
little girl riding a welch pony named JellyBean!"

When I search the ride calendar, there is only one ride we can trailer
to.  I have asked a staff person and AERC is Morgan can coompound
mileage on more than one horse.  I thought perhaps he could make a ride
out of our area on a leased horse.  They immediately said yes, but
several ride managers I spoke to said no.

Here is the question finally:  Is the rider's mileage for LD
championship added together for all horses he rides?

Thanks Joane the very guilty sponsor
Price, Utah