Re: RC: Re: shoe pads

In a message dated 10/19/99 12:10:10 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
Kenzie_Kelly@spc.com writes:

<< So, you're saying that during a competitive ride, you would monitor
      the footing conditions and take off/put on easy boots as conditions
      warrant?  I'm just envisioning a ride where you trot for 10 minutes
      over rocks with eboots on, stop, dismount, take eboots off and trot
      for 10 minutes over mud/clay.  Wouldn't this hamper your ability to
      ride?

      I'm confused.  To my thinking, choosing one or the other for the
      *prevalent* ride footing conditions would be better than constantly
      changing. >>

I sure wouldn't change for every little footing change--as I also stated, I
rarely use ANYTHING.  But I sure as heck would Easyboot at a vet check if I
knew that the next leg was very rocky, and would take them off again at a vet
check if I knew that I was through the worst of the rocks.  One has to be
practical with anything, but it sure makes more sense to commit to something
that is easily changed at a vet check than to commit to something that is
hopefully going to be the same for 6 weeks, despite the fact that if you are
campaigning hard, you might be going to three or more rides in that time
frame with vastly different conditions, or worse yet, a couple of multi-days
where the conditions may change vastly from day to day.  Some of our rides
here have ONE bad rocky section, so E-booting at the vet check before that
section is a simple matter, as is removing them at the next check and going
back to enjoying the good footing with plain ol' shoes.

Heidi