Equine senior

How about feeding Stragedy in the winter instead of senior to help with the need for extra roughage due to pasture being dead.  I also feed hay but felt Stragedy would be more beneficial to my 19 year old man?  His teeth have received treatment and are as good as they can get.  It is a pellet and 14% protein as is senior but also has more fat and is designed as a complete feed.  I just changed so don;t know if this is the right move.