RC: Re: girth problems

I also have a horse that is built slightly down-hill, a Paint.  But I have
the opposite problem, his saddle goes back.  He has good withers, but his
shoulders push the bars back into the faily deep depression behind the
shoulders, so that's where the front of the tree likes to go.  Then, guess
what, sore with heat bumps to boot.
The problem didn't really shout at me until I did a very slow (as in
walking) NATRC ride a couple of months ago. Five hours of grinding on his
back made the little problem become a big one.
I was riding an Ortho-Flex that had fit three other horses, but not this
one.  For some reason I have yet to figure out, it wants to fall off to the
right. Thought it was the booties, as they are getting old.  Invested in a
Harvey Pad, which helped the heat problem, but alas, sometimes that darn
saddle still wants to fall off to the right. Not every time though.
Strange.  So went back to an old western saddle (Arab show), that doesn't
exactly fit him, (it goes back too) and am useing the Harvey Pad with it.
This pad is shimed, but hasn't helped the slipping back.  At least it
doesn't list to the right!
I'm going to send the Ortho-Flex back to see if they can take it apart and
see if anything is off or collasped or something. It has a stirrup rigging
that I really hate so will get that changed too.
So - anyone out there with this particular problem?  If so, how the h@ll
did you fix it?

Jan - dreading spending more dollars on the off chance that something
'might' work.

Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-