Re: RC: girth problems

Hi Angie & all,

This topic of girth sensitivity came up on another list I'm on.  Essentially,
many people said that they'd encountered this problem this year whereas
they'd never had the problem before.  Several people said they'd had success
in using natural sheepskin girth covers (not the synthetic kind) and natural
wool pads, and using a detergent good for babies (like Ivory).  Apparently
their horses were reacting to neoprene (where they'd never reacted before)
and the reaction carried over to other synthetic materials.  Using natural
materials kept clean with detergent made for hyper-sensitive skin helped
enormously.

Just a suggestion ...

Susan
Hawk's Haven Farm