road riding (Long)

There is nothing like the deep south redneck to challenge even the most
steelynerved rider, I have been in all means of comfrontation and tried all
means of tactics to reduce the stress of road riding and still I find that it
truly is a combination of skills that come into play<g>.  I face traffic when
the shoulder allows,  go with traffic if I feel lucky and I don't have any
choice and will get in the road if there is no choice, but my 6th sense is
always alert and I keep my ears wide open for the sound of a speeding car
coming when I have little options but tho hunker down in a ditch rather than
take a chance that the moron driving will yield any if at all.  Occasionally,
my partner will ride or run herd on me and he is an imposing character to be
sure( and he hates rednecks!)
Still,  road riding is sometimes the only option to getting a ride at all,
and it is a calculated risk here as well as most places where there is any
vehicular traffic.  I liken it to other sports that have the same risks for
training i.e. cycling, running, rollerblading, skateboarding... its just not
only your life your risking its the precious loved one that you've raised
from a baby.
Sorry it took so long to say it, but I had to comment
Paula and Cosmo the wonder horse (cars don't bother me, its just not goingin
the direction of home)