Re: RC: Re: Cass at Liberty Run

In a message dated 10/14/99 11:52:29 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
sunibey@sisqtel.net writes:

<< I think Teddy was mean spirited and evil for sending the post she did to
 > ridecamp.

Teddy didn't say a thing about Rita, she said that Valerie, in her opinion
was stupid to gallop the last 20 miles.  Agree or disagree that is anyone's
right.  I do think that several people on this ride did the 2 basic no no's,
let someone else dictate "their" pace and pass up water to keep up or ahead.
And it wasn't just the front three.  International competition isn't for
everyone, if that is what you are interested in, great!  I joined AERC
international, have been a member of USET, doesn't mean that I will ever have
any interest in doing an international ride.  Doesn't mean I won't!  I have
been present at 2 world championships, and in my opinion, until they get it
more together, I'm not sure I would be interested.  At Kansas, the organizing
committee wouldn't make decisions, and then would change things in the middle
of the ride.  What was okay one vet check, isn't the next.  It was
frustrating for me as a crew to put up with.  Angie McGhee can tell her own
tale of woe from international competition.

Rita is a wonderful person who loves her horse very much, she
 > would never do anything to hurt him.  Cass is a tough, very well
 conditioned
 > and talented horse.  I am positive that Rita rode the horse completely
 > within his capablilities.  And Rita is right, to make the squad for the
 > Worlds you must show that your horse is fast, sound and competitive, this
 > does require top three finishes at 100 mile rides.

Rita adores her horse.  As does Tom.  Their horse was stood for BC and looked
fine when I saw it the next day.  As Rita was walking him.  I think, and have
seen, them stay up with the horse if there is the slightest worry.  When he
got treated at Biltmore, she never left his side.

Nina and Goat