CREATIVE HORSE ACQUISITION?

Some of you know by now that our daughter's 12 yera old mare, Winter Rose
died suddenly on Friday - officially from primary gastric impaction. No
tumors, no twists, no stones - no nothing. They just don't know why. Now we
are faced with replacing her horse just 6 months after we brought her to live
with us. Aside from the obvious sense of grief here is the reality that after
all that work finding just the right horse for our daughter, we are starting
all over again, but this time without the $$ from selling another horse! We
have a plan that has been tried before, and while I have some reservations
about it  I am particular about where our horses go - it might not be a bad
plan. we are considering offering Rosie as a prize in a Youth Essay contest -
with a small fee fo entry, minimum # of entries - maximum as well, 3
individuals to judge, and Rosie would be awarded to the best essay - 18 and
under. Anyone who ahs an interest please let me know privately. In addition
we will be offering 10 breedings to our stallion Salazar SF (El Majiid x
Dazeera) at $300 nonpurebred and $400 purebred, approved mares - no shipped
semen at this price. We are offering this first to the 4H and Pony Clubs in
our area but we will open it up to riders on this list. We have photos of Sal
foals on jpeg for anyone who wants to see him and his kids.

Sorry if this is less than eloquent but we are pulling all stops to do what
we can to bring our daughter through this. Horses are her passion - she has
nothing else. She runs track, she is quite an artist - but her horses - her
horse - that is her passion. She got it from her mom!
Sandy