Cell phone danger...

Title: Cell phone danger...

Since, cell phones came up I just thought I'd pass this along to ridecampers.  I  want make everyone aware of the potential danger cell phones pose while fueling your vehicles.

        Submitted by Rusty Creed:

     Warning:  Cell phone use in gas stations

     In case you do not know, there was an incident where a driver
     Suffered  burns and his car severely damaged when gasoline fumes ignited
     an explosion while he was talking on his mobile phone standing near the
     attendant who was pumping the gas.  All the electronic devices in gas
     stations are protected with explosive containment devices,
     (intrinsically safe) while cell phones are not.

     READ YOUR HANDBOOK!
     Mobile phone makers Motorola, Ericsson, and Nokia, all print cautions in
     their user handbooks that warn against mobile phones in "gas stations,
     fuel storage sites, and chemical factories."  Exxon has begun placing
     "warning stickers" at its gasoline stations.  The threat mobile phones
     pose to gas stations and their users is primarily the result of their
     ability to produce sparks that can be generated by the high-powered
     battery inside the phone.

     Please pass this on.