Quicksilver Fall Classic

The ride was won by Tiger Crites and she also won BC.  High vet score and
reserve BC went to Suzanne Sullivan.  She was about an hour behind.  It was
hot for this time of year [80's].  We treated two horses.  One was on the 30
miler and had done a whole bunch of 50's in his life and the other was a 50
miler who had done Tevis and Swanton this year.  Both were fine as of last
night.  We had an oldest horse award which went to a 24 year old mare on the
30 miler.  The ride was difficult by Quicksilver and SASO standards.  We won
the Jim Mitchell award for the 50 miler with the most climb of all rides he
has done this year.  We had 9,090 feet of climb.  We are planning to make it
a little easier next year but not much.  Most of the riders liked the trail
and the new camp.

I have only the top ten placings because I gave the results to Mike Maul who
I am sure will have them on line shortly.  We started 42 50s and finished 30
something.  We had about 35 or so 30's and I am not sure of the pulls.  About
7 of our 30's were overtime and so don't get AERC credit but they did get our
completion awards which were T-shirts for all riders, 50 and 30, with our new
logo on them.

The awards banquet was the best dinner some riders said they had ever had.
The price was extremely reasonable and the dinner was on time.  We had tri
tips, chicken, beans, hot garlic bread, great salad and a pasta side dish.
Seconds were plentiful.  If any of you need a good person to do your ride
banquet, let me know.  They do travel.

50 MILER RESULTS

Tiger Crites [BC]
Judy Reens
Ray Visco
Ruth Hoddinott
Rick Gomez
Renee Raymond
Suzanne Sullivan [Reserve BC and High Vet Score]
Lisa Baumert
Hillorie Bachmann
Dennis Tracy

Interesting note is that the 6th and 9th place horses were doing their first
50 milers, as were their riders, and one horse was a 1/2 brother and the
other was a full brother to Skip Lightfoot's horse, Red, who won the Haggin
Cup at Tevis this year and yes,  all three horses were rescued from the
auction..

Other awards:

1st FW  Tiger Crites
1st LW    Ray Visco
1st  mw   Robert Oram
1st  HW   Jim Mitchell
1st Quicksilver member was Rick Gomez.

1st Non Arab was a Mustang ridden by Ruth Hoddinott.
The youngest rider was 10 year old Jocelyn Anderson riding the 30 miler.
The youngest rider in the 50 was a tie.  We had 2 juniors 12 years old from
different parts of the state who were born on the same day.  Jamie Mitchell
and Rosalyn Wages.

Oldest Rider was Julie Suhr.
Oldest horse was a 24 year old mare who looked great at the finish.
First finisher from Mariposa [there were 12 entries] was Rosalyn Wages.

BC for the 30 miler was won by Gary Belser from Chowchilla riding a 5 year
old mare who really caught the eye of the vets by looking so good at the
finish.  She was the second horse to pulse through, narrowly beaten by Lucas
Belser, who is a junior riding with this father who pulsed down first.

More complete results information later......Maryben