Riding in the dark? (from a real blonde)

Patty Jackson jbco@jps.net
This is my first season training for endurance (limited distance)
and I'm just wondering how anyone who works full-time trains
during the week in the winter with the shorter day light hours.
Recently I switched from part-time and having plenty of time
to ride during the week, to full-time and having to quickly stuff
my horse in the trailer and speed off to the nearest trail.
Nearest trail being a 50 minute drive.

I just returned from a totally crummy ride in the dark.  I had
to finish the last 3 miles depending on my horses eyes to make
it back.  No, I did not think to take a flashlight. (blonde)
My horse was VERY unhappy that I had her out past dark.

Am I the only one goofey enough to go out in the woods in the
dark to ride?  Or do most of you call it quits in the winter, or
stick to lighted arenas?  Wish there were lights on the trails!

Patty Jackson and Mia Rabbia
(blonde human and red headed horse)

Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-