Re: Ride Results

>Ah ha.  You are the same Betty Edgar.  I have been meaning to ask you but
>never got around to it.  I think Trilby rode her first ride in 1982.  It
was
>one of the quicksilver rides and she had run into someone in the park
marking
>trail.  She thought it sounded like a good idea and came right over the the
>camp and signed up.  The rest is history.....Ring-O-Fire just had to be put
>down earlier this year from cancer.  In addition to Endurance and NATRC he
>won the Native American Championship at the Cow Palace one year and also
held
>two Chief Joseph Awards.  Ringo, as Trilby called him, [I called him Bingo]
>was a cool horse.....mb

        I don't remember the Quicksilver Ride story about Trilby but I do
remember some NATRC rides with her and riding the Western States 50 with her
and Ringo in 1982--I just looked at the date on the completion award hanging
in my tackroom.  That was a fun ride starting at Devil's Thumb and doing the
last 50 miles of the Tevis trail.  I particularly remember that ride because
I didn't have a driver and after a long, slow, hot ride I was looking for a
ride back to Devil's Thumb to get my rig.  Trilby "volunteered" Rick, her
friend and driver, and he took me back out there with a smile and no
complaint.

She and I first met in the late 70's about the time she "discovered" horses
and started riding her daughter's horse and doing local club rides around
the Santa Cruz Mtns.  Then sometime around 1981 or '82 she found Ringo and
started endurance and NATRC, maybe not in that order.  Sorry to hear Ringo
had cancer.  I still have Toiyabe, the Morgan/Appy cross I was riding back
then but he's very arthritic and can no longer carry weight.

Ringo was a remarkable horse.  He and Trilby made a good team

Betty