LSD and surprising behaviors

This is a two part note to the list.  I haven't been riding much in the last
couple of weeks because I haven't been home.  Friday night my roommate and I
looked at each other and decided it was too good an evening to waste, so we
decided to go ride.  Since Alpine hasn't been ridden much in the last three
weeks, we decided to do just a short ride.  Therefore, Kim decided to ride
bareback.  So off we set into the forest, me on Alpine, Kim bareback on her
TB mare, Stormy the 2year old Appy running loose along, and KD the Cattle
Dog.  We wander around at a walk and slow trot (corto for me:).  In this
process (don't ask me how!) we discovered we were totally lost!  So here we
are lost in the woods, it's getting dark, me on my 5 year old who's never
been out after dark, Kim bareback on Lady, Stormy, and KD (who has faithfully
been trying to herd Stormy along the whole ride).  By the time we find the
right turn off, it's pitch black out and we are probably 3 miles from home.
Here is where I have to say that Alpine was wonderful!!!  He walked along,
calm as you please, no care in the world.  Not a booger out of him!  That was
the last thing I expected from his first nighttime ride!  The little guy
surprises me sometimes.  When I expect him to act up, he reminds me he does
have a brain in head!

I did intend that evening to do LSD, but it became much LONGER than I
intended.  However, Trooper that Alpine is, Stormy, Kim and I were the only
tired ones who came home.  Stormy wouldn't have been tired, but she did the
eat until they are almost out of sight, the gallop up behind the whole way!
Goofy baby horses!

Juli and Alpine.