Re: to feed or not to feed in the trailer

In a message dated 1/29/99 8:32:44 PM EST, wpcombs@kih.net writes:

<< do you feed while moving?  >>

I do not feed grain while in the trailer (really because i don't have a
manger), but I do feed hay if the trip will be more than about an hour, or if
I think the horses may stand in the trailer awhile.  Never have had any
problem with it, but have heard some thoughts about the dust and chafe causing
problems with respiratory tract and eyes.  And, of course, be very careful if
you choose to use hay nets rather than hay bags which appear much safer to me.
PS....I have had a pony yearling get it's head stuck inside a hay
bag.....didn't get hurt, she was in my round pen at the time....but we had
lots of laughs about how she reacted to this "thing" on her head....<G>
Leigh