Fwd: HELP - Need to change farrier maybe

---- Begin included message ----
John,

One of the things I like about my farrier is that he is willing to listen.  I
save shoeing/hoof articles for him to read/comment.  Several yrs ago in the
fall my mare started having some very low grade lamesness at the end of 2 day
CTR's, a little fill that cleared up in a day or 2.  It was the first yr I had
done more than 150 miles (had about 400 on her at that point).  Trail Blazer
had an article on having enough heel on the shoe, which I showed my farrier,
as the mare had the heel cracks indicative of insufficient heel on the shoe.
He tried the next larger shoe, which meant he had to sand off a little of the
heels (more work for him), & she's been fine since (over 2600 miles now &
sound).
I had a former farrier tell me that the toe cracks in the gelding were because
I had a chuck hole in the pasture (!).  Too much toe, or course.

You pay the bills; I think you are entitled to having your ideas at least
listened to.

Good luck!!!

Nancy

---- End included message ----