Re: one more lesson learned....comments.....

In a message dated 1/27/99 8:45:07 PM Pacific Standard Time, Dbeverly4@aol.com
writes:

A suggestion for getting around this problem ... we use the lightweight
knotted rope halters and slip the bridles on over them.  They create very
little bulk under the bridle and are always there for you to use in tying your
horse in case it is necessary to do so.  We even have three bridles that have
no throatlatches, just small extensions to the browband that wrap around the
halter and snap back into a ring on the browband.  They're available from some
endurance equipment suppliers.  Ours are from Sportack and Griffin's.  This is
really a very convenient setup.  Therefore, it is never necessary to put the
halter around the horse's neck while bridling, as the halter is neer removed
from the time you leave home for a ride until the time you return.

Barbara