How many miles (was 5 year olds)

Out of curiosity,

Those of you who keep your horses out to pasture, how many miles do you
think your horses cover in a day just wandering around and grazing??

I figure mine cover about 20 miles (average ~ .85 mph)...and since they
start doing this at the age of 5 days, I find it hard to think of 25 miles
as being a long way to take a 5 year old.

1 mph is not the same 5 mph, and riderless is not the same as under
saddle, but my horses start their LSD looong before they get under saddle.

kat
Orange County, Calif.