Re: Tick Repellants

Date: Sun, 24 Jan 1999 21:57:20 -0800 (PST)
From: guest@endurance.net
To: ridecamp@endurance.net
Subject: Tick Repellants

From: Judy Houle
Email: dhoule@silcon.com

Does anyone know of a good tick repellant for horses?  My two horses are
still suffering from ticks in the dead of winter despite numerous
freezes here in N. Calif.  Either commercially made or recipes will do.
Judy
***************************************
Hey Judy,
 My dog vet said to try Adams flea and tick repellant on my horse and it
works very well. My horse doesn't care for sprays so I put it in a
squeeze bottle and put it on her mane and tail. I also have a 1/4" in an
old med. bottle that when I remove ticks from her I put them in and it
kills them quite nicely. I use it every few days in tick season and
sometimes I still find ticks, but not as many without using the Adams.
Last year was a really bad tick year it seemed and I pulled maybe 50 to
75 off of her, but the other horses had a group more. Hope this works
for you.
Julie

Julie A. O'Neill
214 E. State St.