horsey places to live

Well, if you are looking for really nice farms and homes that are [I
think] CHEAP, you may want to check out up state NY.  We have many
trail systems, millions of acres of State Park land and, in general,
neighborly farmers who don't mind trespassing riders.  Summers warm,
spectacular fall foliage, land is usually hilly with mixed woods and
field, many beautiful 100+ year old homes [Greek Revival, Eyebrow
colonials etc] lots of water and lakes, snowy winters.   For $105,000
you can have 159 acres near Cooperstown [charming, idyllic town], 90
tillable acres grows alfalfa, balance wood and pasture, 3 bedroom
home, good well, 2 barns, 2 car garage.  Or for a bit more $, 70
acres of hay meadow + 32 acres pasture + 48 woods, right off a
horse trail system, with a colonial home, 39 stall dairy barn, silos,
8 bay machine shed that can be converted to an indoor.  Compared to
many places across the country I think you get a lot for your horse
money.  You can check out a farm site at:  www.albany.net/~wimple/
which is where I saw the listings, above.  Well, that is an
easterners perspective [not that I don't think Colorado is beatiful]!

Beth Glace