Re: Tick Repellants

> Does anyone know of a good tick repellant for horses?  My two horses are still suffering from ticks in the dead of winter despite numerous freezes here in N. Calif.  Either commercially made or recipes will do.
> Judy

I sponge mine off with pymethryn (sp??!) solution that I buy as a super
concentrate at the feed store. I usually wipe their legs up to the
knees, under the head and around the nose, and dip the bottom 18 inches
of their tail. That usually keeps them off. If they're bad I'll do the
whole tail and the root of the mane, and in the summer the whole horse.

I need to get more, so will post the brand I use if enough folks want to
know. It comes in an 8 oz container, and makes something like 4 gallons
of dip...

Good luck - I hate the little buggers!

Linda, Gilroy