Re: Endurance & Economics

Hi Kat - Paul & I  know of a consistently top ten mare that was sold
from So Cal to the Middle East last year for $30,000.  If there was one,
there are more.

WE (in the post you're referring to) are all of us endurance riders -
people who expect there to be endurance horses available in the future -
and who will care about sire & dam's accomplishments.

Paul & I believe that some Arabic country - like the UAR, which is one
of the countries that's really involved in endurance AND is sending out
agents to buy America's winning endurance horses - will, when they
figure they've got the best endurance horses in the world on their
teams, just go to the Olympic committee & "buy" endurance racing as an
Olympic competition.  Note the current OEC news.  This is not an
original idea with us, but we figure if the "prominant endurance person"
whose opinion this is wanted to make it public, then he/she could do
that.  Hopefully we are just paranoid.  Lif

--

Lif & Paul Strand   STRAND ENTERPRISES   www.fasterhorses.com