Re: Breeding for endurance

Dear Michelle,

<<    I hope that the endurance world does not become "hung up" on certain
 pedigrees, breeds, or even colors. >>

     I'm with you!!!  I'd take it even further; I hope the endurance world
never becomes "hung up" on certain pedigrees, breeds, clothing, tack, riding
styles, etc.  Part of the original attraction of this sport to me was its very
"informality."  That one didn't have to have the "in-fashion" pedigree,
saddle, clothing etc.  Endurance was originally presented to me as a sport
where anyone with a sound, healthy HORSE (or mule!) and a willingness to learn
could participate and have fun.  Now, all of us know that it can get a whole
lot more complicated than that, and that to compete at the top levels does
require, perhaps, a higher degree of specialization than the "average"
endurance competitor is willing/able to put forth; but, I, for one, hope this
sport always stays a place where any rider feels welcomed.  Makes such a nice
contrast to so many of the other equestrian pursuits; most of whom won't allow
one through the gate unless they own all the "correct" stuff . . .

Trish & pretty David,
Grand Blanc, Michigan