Black Arabians Update Info

Heather Watson watson1@gv.net
Hi!

I've gotten quite a few inquiries (many thanks) on these horses so I thought I'd share some of the information I've been able to find out since last night.  Homer will take possesion of the 5 horses Oct. 1st if they do not sell.  He will try to sell them as well, but if all else fails, they will probably go to auction/meat buyers...

Here's the deal:
Homer had mentioned that the mare's name was Ruth.  I had a friend look up
the info on Malabar Ruth (named after Dr. Schmidt), and here's her info...

Malabar Ruth 20,
Last registered owner was Dr Schmidt;
Dam is Fad Su out of Fadjur, Sire is Malabar King/Prince Ebony
Malabar King /Prince Ebony is by Sa Zarka x Gaydora.  Sa Zarka was by Fad
Zarka and Sarifa (Zarife x Sawa)

Homer also mentioned Malabar Ghandi, who may be one of the studs.
Malabar Ghandi (16) is listed as:

Last registered owner was Dr Schmidt; sire is Malabar King/Prince Ebony, dam
Malabar Nefertari
Ghandi's dam is by Malabar Duke.  Full brother to Malabar Tiffany.

Here's the pedigree:
Malabar Duke (Sa Zarka x Mistanny Ann)  Mistanny Ann was sired by Hallany
Mistanny (Zarife x Roda)
Malabar Nefertari (Malabar Duke x Tari Ann)  Malabar Duke was by Sa Zarka
and Mistanny Ann (Hallany Mistanny x Anzia (Abu Farwa x Fawzia)

I know this looks awful in this format, but I could fax you a print out of
some of the pedigrees I have.  There are a lot of crosses to Zarife, Hallany
Mistanny, Abu Farwa, and Fadjur...

I handled Ghandi quite a bit, and could easily identify him.  Ruth is another story, but apparently if that is her, she comes with the papers...I
think the reason there are no papers on the others is because they were sold
after the ranch was taken over by a relative with a troubled past. Everyone was
stunned when Dr. Schmidt left her the ranch.

So it looks like Dr. Schmidt
was the last registered owner of these horses.  I think the relative sold them off
not realizing that they had papers, or didn't realize the importance.  Or
didn't care.  She was only interested in the cash, I'm sure.

These studs may very well be registered already and the owner doesn't
realize it...  If they were born on the ranch BEFORE 1989, then I can almost guarrantee they were registered...after that, probably not...  But if one of the studs is Ghandi, and the mare is Ruth, then the others could probably be registered, if they are his offspring.  The key lies with the current owner,
who doesn't speak very good English...

If anyone has any luck finding out more information regarding their identities, please let me know.  Thanks!

Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-