From: Brehm <RockingB@worldnet.att.net>
To: ridecamp@endurance.net
Subject: RC:  Re: sarcoids
Date: Tuesday, September 28, 1999 12:35 PM

In March a sarcoid appeared on my gelding's face, about half way between
eye and nostril.  At first I did nothing, but after a few weeks it was
getting noticeably larger and seemed to be spreading.  I talked at length
with my vet about the options.  Frequently with surgical removal they come
back quickly, bigger and more of them.  There's an injectable chemo
treatment but it has been know to cause a bad reaction (swelling and
infection).  My vet said she's seen a few cases where they did a biopsy and
shortly afterwards the sarcoid disappeared on it's own.  I decided to try
that option first and then go from there.  She did the biopsy in May.
After about 2 weeks it looked like the sarcoid was getting even bigger and
it was irritated.  Then suddenly it reversed, got smaller and smaller and
is now gone with complete hair growth on the area.

SusanB