Cevi's update 9/25/99 This is a long one.

Juliua Stroup horsewmn@aol.com
Yesterday and today have been two wonderful days.  Cevi's spirits are coming back up (not close to normal, but oh so much better then since the accident). She and another patient (Matt) were playing (first time since the accident that I've seen her play and laugh for any length of time) and laughing shooting each other with soft propulsion toys.  She continues to gain more and more control over her muscles and other things, we are sooooo thrilled and I've been walking around singing "This is the day, this is the day, that the Lord has made, we will rejoice...and be glad in Him...".  Shary and their friend Jenny are here for the weekend with Tom and we're all having a pretty
good time.
I just got a call from the Keatons and they raised a lot towards Cevi's fund with a car wash today, they did a magnificant job!!!  Thank you all so much.
Our family and Matt's have become rather close.  We figured out that most of you probably don't know what our (mine and his mom Rhonda) days consist of so I'm going to give you a play by play;
6:30 - 7am  Get up
7:30    Check in with Cevi and take a shower (maybe, depends on Cevi's needs).  Between the Mom, I've got an itch, Mom, please turn me on my side, Mom, can you please move my foot?, Mom, I have to pee, Mom, scratch around the area that the nurse wants to inject stuff into me and by the way, can you hold my hand?, Mom, I want to get up into my chair, Mom, there are hairs tickling my neck, Mom, I'm cold, no not that cold, can you get a different blanket? (do you get my drift?).  These things last ALL DAY LONG.
8:15    Wake up Cevi (yah, right) and get her ready for her favorite thing, eating (again, yah right), I have until 8:45 to get her to get enough down her to take care of her nutritional needs, again yah, right.  Lots of fun!
8:45    Get her clothes on (takes a long time, but since she took so much time up eating, I've broken a sweat and before long I know the therapists will be calling soon)
8:55    Need to have her clean up her upper body and brush teeth
9:00    Rush her upstairs for one of various types of therapy (occupational, physical, speech, psych) of which she goes from one to another, right after each other.  I have to fill in every one of the therapists where things are TODAY since the Lord has been so busy bringing Cevi back.  They don't always listen, and I've learned that I have a lot more patience then I ever thought
feasable.  I help where needed and stand by for Cevi when she needs me (she doesn't like it when I go anywhere).
12:00   Rush her downstairs for Lunch and other necessities (again, my favorite time of day, eat, Eat, EAT...I swear, she'll have nightmares about me shoving food down her throat).
1:15    School (this is about the only time of day that I can get out for about 30 minutes)
2:00    Back to the therapies (what I term the "T" party)
4:00    Back downstairs for meetings with the "T"eam, get Cevi back into bed, rediscuss changes Cevi and I would like made to her personal issue schedule (or others depending on what's happening that day)
4:30    Cevi takes a nap with one eye open to make sure I don't go anywhere.
5:30    Dinner (another one of those times of the day that I love so much and since she doesn't have any "T" parties she takes forever unless she's eating one of those wonderful Taco Bell burritos).
6:45    Nighly rituals (she wouldn't want me to tell you what, but it doesn't smell good).
7:15    Another one of those shots, have to hold hand and scratch.
7:30    Wash her hair every three nights (this requires about 30 minutes setup time and another 30 to complete)  Yes, I do this along with a lot of her care, personal and otherwise.  It's hard to convince the staff that #1, I'm her mother and #2, I know how to do all this stuff with her myself (have to become RN MOM every now and then, the RN stands for Real Nasty).
7:15-9:00   Depending on how she's doing I go out to the motorhome. Aaaaaah, Thank you Jesus.  Again, "This is the day, this is the day that the Lord has made.  I will rejoice, I will rejoice and be glad in it..."
  Love you, God Bless and Thank you. -Juliua and our Miracle child Cevi.

Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-