Breaking 2 yr. olds

I think there is a bigger problem in too many Arabs not getting broke than being broke to young.  When most people refer to breaking colts, they don't mean hard riding, just gentle handling and learning the basics.  If you do 30 days of that as 2 yr. olds and go back a year later, you are way ahead, because horses have such good memories.  We usually do more of the same for about 60 days as 3 year olds, still not riding very hard, but try to throw more new experiences in.  Then get more serious as 4 year old when they getting quite strong.

Gail Hought
www.hought.com
hought@humboldt1.com