Re: RC: David Boggs Suspension

Gwen wrote:

"These guys work on intimidation and humiliation, so it's really hard to
pinpoint some of the things they do- because they do know how to hide
things sometimes."

Hide?  I watched David Boggs flagrantly violate the rules regarding not
beating your horse or scaring your horse in the area around the in gate
at the Scottsdale show.  One of the ring stewards saw what was happening
and just turned his back.  Another trainer saw this and immediately began
acting just as Mr. Boggs was doing.  The ring steward started yelling at
the second trainer.  I piped up and said "What about him?"  indicating
Mr. Boggs, who was by the way still working with his assistants on
getting his horse totally freaked out.  The ring steward gave me a dirty
look and once again turned his back.  I went to the show office and
reported what I saw.  The staff there gave me blank looks, looked at each
other and then said they would "look into it."  Boggs went on to win the
class and there were NO repercussions and the same thing continued
throughout the show.  David, in plain sight, violating the rules and the
show officials LITERALLY turning their backs.  So much for speaking up
about the abuse.

You're right, however, about working through intimidation and
humiliation.  I know of at least one person who testified on Mr. Boggs'
behalf because she felt like she "had to" because of the way he "asked"
her to testify.

Rhonda