Dressge cross training

Katy Watts kwatts@sni.net
  My 4 YO 16H ArabX has been started with classical
 dressage techniques, and I want to continue his education
along those lines.  But, he's discovered cross country and
mountains are FUN!  I once did a 25 mile intro AERC ride
years ago on a straight shouldered Appy, and I thought
I was cured of distance riding forever.  However, this
horse has wonderful comfy gaits, and after 3 hours over
foothills with my 100 mile endurance friend, I'm toying
with the idea of entering a 30 mile ride in NM next spring.
I would appreciate any of you who ALSO do dressage to
advise me as to how we can condition/train for this ride
WITHOUT loosing any ground in the dressage ring.
  My friend thinks he'd be ready if she rode him for 6
weeks, 15 miles or so, 3 days/ week, with me doing dressage
2 days/week.  We'd only ride to finish.  She's very pround
to be at the end of the pack.
Thanks in advance,
Katy and Pizzazz,

Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-